1. Before linking your sensor, make sure Bluetooth® is turned ON! For Android devices you will also need to turn Location Services ON which Android requires when linking to Low Energy Bluetooth devices. Lastly, make sure you have an internet connection.
2. Open the Boveda Smart Sensor App and then from the My Valuables screen select the + button in the upper right hand corner.
3. When prompted, remove the plastic pull tab from your sensor and follow the on-screen instructions. If you have previously removed the tab before linking the sensor, remove the battery cover on the sensor, remove the battery from the unit, then re-insert the battery and covers. When the plastic tab is removed or the battery re-inserted, make sure the sensor blinks red 4 times. This red LED can be on the front of the sensor.
IMPORTANT - Before removing the tab or re-inserting the battery, make sure all other sensors are at least 10 feet away from the sensor you are linking.
Boveda Smart Sensor
4. Wait for the linking process to complete. If it fails, check your Bluetooth and internet connection and select Retry. If linking the sensor continues to fail, please contact support.
5. Next, tap the Customize Sensor button and enter the information on the Add New Valuable. When completed, tap "Done".
6. Your sensor is now linked to your account. Anytime you are logged in on a compatible device, you will automatically be able connect, collect, and view data.